On October 6, 2018, Pope Francis appointed several members and consultors in various Roman dicasteries. Laurent Landete, former consultor of the Pontifical Council for the Laity and former moderator of the Emmanuel Community, has been appointed a member of the Dicastery for Laity, Family and Life. Below is the official press release published by the Press Office of the Holy See.
The Holy Father Francis has appointed as members of the Dicastery for the Laity, Family and Life, the Eminent Cardinals:
- Gérald Cyprien LACROIX, archbishop of Québec, Canada; Mario Aurelio POLI, archbishop of Buenos Aires and Ordinary for faithful of oriental rite who reside in Argentina and without Ordinary of their own rite, Argentina; João Braz de AVIZ, prefect of the Congregation for the Instititutes of Consecrated Life and the Societies of Apostolic Life;
- their Excellencies, Msgr: Wilton Daniel GREGORY, archbishop of Atlanta, United States of America; Joel PORTELLA AMADO, titular bishop of Carmeiano, auxiliary of São Sebastião do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil;
- the Rev. Fr. Gianfranco GHIRLANDA, S.J., professor emeritus of the Faculty of Canon Law of the Pontifical Gregorian University, Italy;
- the distinguished spouses: Piotr and Aleksandra Brzemia BONAREK Poland, lecturers in Krakow, respectively in biology at the Jagiellonian University and in canon law at the Pontifical John Paul II University; Daniel and Shelley EE, Singapore, heads of the International Ecclesial Team of the Worldwide Marriage Encounter movement; Luis JENSEN and Pilar ESCUDERO de JENSEN, members of the Institute of Schoenstatt Families;
- the distinguished ladies and gentlemen: Dr. Roberto FONTOLAN, director of the International Centre of Communion and Liberation, Italy; Dr. Moysés Louro de AZEVEDO FILHO, founder and moderator general of the Shalom Catholic Community, Brazil; Dr. Laurent LANDETE, of the Communauté de l’Emmanuel, France; Professor Marco IMPAGLIAZZO, president of the Sant’Egidio Community, Italy; Dr. Geneviève Amélie Mathilde SANZE, Central African Republic, member of the General Council of the Focolare Movement; Dr. Manfred LÜTZ, head of Psychiatry at the Alexanier Infirmary Hospital of Cologne, Federal Republic of Germany; Professor Robert CHEAIB, Lebanon, lecturer in theology at the Pontifical Gregorian University and the Pontifical Teresianum Theological Faculty; Professor Laura PALAZZANI, lecturer in philosophy of law at the Libera Università Maria Santissima Assunta – LUMSA of Rome, Italy; Professor Helen M. ALVARÉ, lecturer in law at the Scalia Law School of the George Mason University School of Law, United States of America; Professor Franco NEMBRINI, pedagogist and author of educational programmes for young people, Italy; Dr. Javier BORREGO BORREGO, state attorney at the Court of Auditors of Madrid, Spain.
His Holiness has also appointed as consultors of the same Dicastery for the Laity, Family and Life, the Rev.:
- Msgr. Matteo VISIOLI, under-secretary of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Italy; Msgr. Pierangelo SEQUERI, rector of the Pontifical John Paul II Theological Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family, Italy; Msgr. Jacques SUAUDEAU, France, spiritual assistant of the International Federation of Catholic Medical Associations; Msgr. Robert W. OLIVER, United States of America, secretary of the Pontifical Commission for the Protection of Minors; Luis Felipe NAVARRO MARFÁ, Spain, Magnificent Rector of the Pontifical University of the Holy Cross; Jan BALIK, Founder of the Youth Pastoral Service in the Czech Republic, Czech Republic; Roberto COLOMBO, professor of neurobiology and human genetics at the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart in Rome, Italy;
- the Rev. Frs.: Ulrich RHODE, S.J. (Federal Republic of Germany), lecturer in the Faculty of Canon Law of the Pontifical Gregorian University; José GRANADOS, of the Disciples of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary, Spain, vice rector and professor at the Preside e Professor presso il Pontifical John Paul II Theological Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family, Italy; Rev. Fr. Fabio ATTARD, S.D.B., Malta, member of the General Council of the Salesians, with responsibility for youth pastoral ministry;
- the Rev. Sister Giovanna Maria COLOMBO, Loyola Community, Italy, lecturer in canon law at the St. Augustin Major Seminary and judge of the interdiocesan Tribunal of First Instance of Bamako, Mali;
- the distinguished spouses: Léon BOTOLO MAGOZA and Marie-Valentine KISANGA SOSAWE, founders and heads of the Communauté Famille Chrétienne (Democratic Republic of the Congo; Emmanuel and Marie Gabrielle MÉNAGER, founders and presidents of the Theology of the Body European Center, France);
- the distinguished ladies and gentlemen: Guilherme VAZ, member of the executive committee of the Catholic Council of India, India; Professor Luigino BRUNI, lecturer in political economy at the Libera Università Maria Santissima Assunta di Roma, Italy; Dr. Maria Emmaus VOCE, president of the Focolare Movement, Italy; Ms. María Ascensión ROMERO ANTÓN, member of the managing team of the Neocatechumenal Way, Spain; Professor Giuseppe NOIA, president of the Italian Association of Catholic Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and Director of the Hospice Perinatale at Gemelli Hospital, Italy; Professor Thomas W. HILGERS, founder and director of the Pope Paul VI Institute for the Study of Human Reproduction, United States of America; Paul METZLAFF, head of catechesis for World Youth Day and new movements in the Youth Pastoral Office of the German Episcopal Council, Federal Republic of Germany; Malcom HART, director of the Youth Pastoral Office of the Australian Episcopal Council, Australia; Dr. Clare JIAYANN YEH, founder and director of the Pastoral Office for Marriage and the Family of the Chinese Regional Episcopal Council, Taiwan; Professor Carmen PEÑA GARCÍA, lecturer in marriage law at the Faculty of Canon Law of the Pontifical Comillas University of Madrid, Spain; Professor Ana María CELIS BRUNET, lecturer at the Faculty of Law of the Catholic University of Chile, Chile.